In general, security does not accept deliveries on behalf of others, because:
1) Security cannot guarantee the proper person will pick up/receive the package or letter.
2) Security cannot assume any liability for packages damaged before, during, or after delivery.
3) Security cannot assume liability for any mis-delivered packages.
4) Security cannot assume any liability for lost or stolen packages.
However, some posts may require security to accept deliveries for a variety of reasons. In such cases, the post orders should explain the proper procedure for accepting deliveries which will include:
1) Types of deliveries to accept and not to accept.
2) Who should be notified that deliveries have arrived and should be picked-up.
3) Where packages should be kept until they are picked-up.
4) What should be done with packages/letters that have not been picked-up in a timely manner.